Sunday, June 9, 2013

Textured Gradient

I have been wanting to do these for a while since I go two of these three polishes in a swap, but I had little nubbins when I got them, and I am not a fan of gradients on me when my nails are short. They are finally at my favorite length, so here is how it came out:




Sooo pretty!

I started off with two coats of OPI- Pussy Galore (James Bond Girls Collection Spring 2013). I honestly wanted the polish for the name, but I really enjoy the color and formula! It didn't dry nearly as slow as OPI- Jinx which I was really happy about. I don't have a pink quite like it, which is what I go for since I am a hoarder.

Then using the brush from the bottle, I added the first color of the gradient, which was Zoya- Stevie (PIxiedust Collection Summer 2013). It was really hard to do a gradient with this! I almost went for a sponge, but didn't feel like dealing with clean up. I usually use my right hand as my practice hand, and I got the hang of it and finally figured out a good technique to get a smooth gradient. I got as much polish off the brush as possible, painted the very tip, and pushed toward my cuticle. It is kind of hard to explain...

Lastly, I used Julie G- Crushed Candy (Frosted Gum Drops Collection 2013) for the darkest color on the tips. I used the same technique as Stevie, but with much less polish. I really like these Frosted Gum Drop polishes, but I don't feel like they are really a unique "textured" polish. They are more like the gritty China Glaze glitters, kind of like these.

Hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment