Saturday, December 29, 2012

SF 49er's Nail Art

So, I am the best girlfriend in the world and got my boyfriend tickets to see the 49ers game tomorrow for christmas! I pretty much can't stand football, but I'm sure it is better live. I just can't stand how they stop every 15 seconds! Soccer is more my sport. Of course I had to do 49er appropriate nails, here's what I came up with:



Yes I know it isn't perfect. But this is my first attempt at gradient nails by painting both colors onto the makeup sponge and then patting them onto my nail. For those of you don't know, 49er's colors are red and gold, and white for away games I guess?

Direct Sunlight

I love the sparkles!

I started with a base coat of OPI- My Boyfriend Scales Walls from their Spiderman collection this year. I put a top coat on that so it could dry faster so the tape wouldn't stick too much. I was originally going to do the tape effect to all my nails, but I totally spaced out and just sponged my index finger without putting tape on...I guess I was too anxious. But I think it looks good with it being on just the two middle fingers. So, I placed the tape randomly, and used Zoya- Nidhi (red) and China Glaze- Midnight Kiss (gold) for the ombre. These two polishes worked great because they are fairly opaque so one layer was just fine! Unfortunately using the white base made the gold look silver :( 

What do you think? Hopefully you aren't a Raiders fan and enjoy them :)

1 comment: